LIF Seminar in Shanghai
Thursday, 9. June 2016
Presentation of state-of-the-art technology and latest innovations for LIF imaging
In May 2016, LaVision held its annual LIF Seminar in Shanghai (China) presenting an overview of LIF (Laser Induced Fluorescence) based imaging technology and new innovations. The location was selected to serve the vital Chinese research community, with great support of our local representative, OPLAN. More than 60 participants from universities and industrial companies joined the seminar.
The LaVision course included application oriented training on
- LIF applied to mixing in liquids and gases
- LIF for measurement of flame composition and temperature
- application of LIF for spray diagnostics
A live demonstration of LIF applied to tracer based 2-dimensional pH-value distribution measurement raised the interest of the audience of this practical training.
Our latest innovations were presented such as
- Tomographic 3D LIF in flames
- Background-Oriented-Schlieren (BOS) applied to
the reconstruction of 3D temperature fields
- innovation of flow field measurements, i.e. Shake-the-Box
for high accuracy particle tracking
We like to thank our guests and the organizers for the pleasant atmosphere and fruitful discussions. It was a great pleasure for us to have met in Shanghai.